Video: Accountability – Punitive or Pre-Emptive?
Accountability is usually associated with punishment and finger pointing. Operations and talent management expert Ann Prenatt reframes accountability so viewers use it to ask questions and follow a specific system so everyone is successful in planning and executing on what’s needed to get desired results.
People often want new results but in general are not willing to change behaviors. They need a disciplined and consistent way to be accountable. Ann cites the multi-billion dollar industry of dieting and how people still maintain old behaviors because money and intention alone are not enough to get results. Important questions she asks the audience to consider and for which she provides guidance:
- How do we manage and grow our own businesses in a manner that behaviors change?
- Are we willing to put an accountability system in place?
- How can we best act and approach people when they are not accountable?
- How can we use a system of accountability to proactively get desired results?
In her presentation, Ann Prenatt asserts that proactive approaches are essential to helping people plan and execute on goals so that they see their responsibilities, own them, solve them, and do them. She provides specific steps to ensure changed behaviors occur to improve individual and team performance. These steps include:
- Establish and communicate clear expectations: This includes starting by describing the end you have in mind as well as milestones along the way
- Alignment: Help your people align with your purpose, values and visions so their contributions best serve the direction you and your organization are heading
- Empower: Help everyone succeed by investing in development of yourself and your people
- Recognition: Acknowledge and reinforce when individuals make significant progress
- Feedback: Ask customers and employees for feedback and make it safe for them to be candid with you
- Take Action: Make sure you and those you lead stay the course in reaching milestones and end targets
In this powerful and thought-provoking presentation, Ann Prenatt helps viewers take practical steps to empower, enhance, enable and engage people and systems so greater accountability and success occurs to celebrate. She imparts to the audience that putting accountability into your operations and using a specific system helps you communicate effectively, focus on results rather than blame, drive high performance, and build and strengthen relationships.
Ann Prenatt is highly qualified to provide human resource management assistance or help you in building strong, caring relationships. You can contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't Fly Alone. Join e4e today and receive an annual VIP pass to attend all monthly events AND gain instant, unlimited access to e4e Academy content on this site. As an e4e member, you will
Grow your business faster
Reduce the "overwhelm" factor
Become more productive
Connect with other business leaders and resources