Managing Transitions Life Throws Our Way
What do you need when your life is spinning out of control?
Sales expert and performance leader Bill Prenatt opens his presentation with the question “Have you had times when your life was spinning out of control?” He offers his own traumatic life experiences. He describes about how life can sometimes smack us in the face and what’s more important is how we react to what’s happening. Key points in this presentation include:
- How to move from reaction to responding so you manage challenges effectively
- Naming the seven elements of a negative spiral so you can take four steps to take charge of any situation and shorten the amount of time to be in a negative spiral
- Moving from denial to acceptance and improvement
- The question “What’s next?” helps you take charge
- See setbacks as temporary and move forward
- We can’t always see other options when we are in a negative spiral
- Things are almost never as bad as they seem
- The positive and negative balance in our lives
- Gratitude and forgiveness can get us through hard times
- We can either be a victim or a victor in difficult circumstances
- How to learn from our challenges and mistakes
- Adaptiveness and resiliency are key to overcoming challenges
Sales and leadership expert Bill Prenatt concludes this inspiring talk sharing about the death of his son. He invites his audience to develop tools to cope with challenges and consider your responses to them so you are more resilient in moving forward when tough times arise, which will because they are simply a part of life.
Bill Prenatt is CEO of Simply Successful and Executive Director of e4e. If you are interested in learning more about the art and science of taking control of your life, contact Bill at email@example.com.
Don't Fly Alone. Join e4e today and receive an annual VIP pass to attend all monthly events AND gain instant, unlimited access to e4e Academy content on this site. As an e4e member, you will
Grow your business faster
Reduce the "overwhelm" factor
Become more productive
Connect with other business leaders and resources