Health and Wellness expert Dan Fazio discusses ways to prevent musculoskeletal disorders. We can improve our health by paying attention to the way we work and by developing a few simple habits.
Pay attention to ergonomic design: Evaluate your workstation
- Your computer screen should be seen straight ahead, without needing to look up or down.
- Your chair and work surface need to be properly configured. An ergonomic keyboard is helpful.
Take micro breaks
- Take breaks every 20-30 minutes.
- Get up from a seated position and perform a brief overhead reach with deep inhale and exhalation.
- Set a timer if you need to.
Use physical activities outside of work. Engage muscle groups in different ways
- Yoga, Pilates, and cycling are great options, along with walking.
These habits aren’t complicated but they are proven methods that you can easily incorporate into your day. If you want to know more or if you want to find out about Dan's wellness workshops, learn more at rootsofwellness.com or call him at 636-227-4442.